Submitted: October 2017
Solicitor: Local Open Arms of Heart to Honduras Church
Location: La Concepción, Santa Cruz de Yojoa, Honduras
As a church, we host a Compassion International Site (Holistic Development Center) where we attend to approximately 256 children. With a playground, the children of age (about half of them) can play together and develop the socio-emotional component of their young lives.
Supervisor’s Note: The playground will include eight different items, including swing sets, seesaws, and slides of different varieties.
That the children would have a good space to play together and develop the ability to share each part of the playground.
Beneficiaries: Who and how many will continually benefit from this project?
111 children. Note: 256 children attend this Compassion International Site but 111 of them are young/small enough to daily enjoy playground equipment.
- The local municipal government will provide sand ($575)
- The parents of the children that attend the site will provide cement ($121)
- Compassion International will collaborate in half of the price of the playground equipment. ($1,702)
- The local church will provide cement blocks and all labor(mason and assistants) to fence in the playground area and build platforms for the playground installation ($442).
- Chain link fence, other materials and ½ the purchase of the playground equipment is requested from an outside donor.
TOTAL AMOUNT requested from outside donor $3,242