Project: Pig Breeding: Pastoral Family Micro-business
Submitted: April 2016.
Solicitor: Pastor Fredy Martinez and Family.
Location: La Concepcion, Santa Cruz de Yojoa, Cortes, Honduras.
Project Justification: Why do you need the project?As a pastoral famliy, we often find ourselves in very difficult economic situations. This project will help generate the funds we need to supply for our family’s needs. This project will also provide employment for a close neighbor (Ronaldo Paredes). He will benefit through his management of the project.
General Objective: What do you hope to achieve with the project?To improve the quality of life for the pastoral family and other nearby families. We intend to practice the biblical principal of the “giving of first fruits.”
Supervisor’s Note: Pastor Fredy and Ronaldo indicate that they would like to donate piglets from the first litters to needy families in the community for them to start their own project.
Development Strategies: How are you planning to execute the project?
- Assure that all legal documents are in order.
- Socialize (explain and present) this project with: local church, leaders, and HTH.
- Utilize local resources like: land, masonry labor, assistant labor, stone, sand, two workshops, and necessary permits.
- Seek the support of: our family, local church, and sister church in the USA.
- The project will be executed under the supervision of the Department of Community Development.
Beneficiaries: Who and how many will continually benefit from this project?5 people directly: Pastor Fredy Martinez (45), his wife Alexandra (46), son Daniel (18), and daughter Raquel (15) and neighbor Ronaldo Paredes(60). Other families will benefit from the donation of “first fruit” piglets.
- The beneficiary family will provide sand, stone, masonry and assistant labor, transportation for the hogs, and the septic hole for waste ($1080)
- The local church will provide welding labor ($380)
- The hogs, first purchase of feed and medication, and remaining construction materials are requested from an outside donor.
Total amount requested from outside donor $5690