Submitted: March 2017
Solicitor: Local Church “Open Arms of Heart to Honduras”
Location: El Olvido, Santa Cruz de Yojoa, Cortes, Honduras
Project Justification: Why do you need the project?
We do not currently have a place where we can prepare food for the children that attend the program. We are praying that God will provide us with a locale to use in order to attend to the children better and provide an adequate workspace for the person in charge of food preparation.
Supervisor’s Note: As a part of Compassion Int’l programs, children receive a small nutritious meal during their time at the site. This meal is currently prepared in a local home offsite.
General Objective: What do you hope to achieve with the project?
That the food is prepared on time. A more comfortable, healthy, and safe environment in which to prepare the food.
Beneficiaries: Who and how many will continually benefit from this project?
Approximately 60 children.
- The local municipal government will provide sand ($160).
- The parents of beneficiary families will provide half of the needed labor (professional and assistant) ($510).
- The local church will provide half of needed labor (professional and assistant) ($530).
- Compassion Int’l will outfit the kitchen with appliances and necessary items ($1500).
- Construction materials are requested from an outside donor.