Project: Ceramic Floor for Kindergarten
Submitted: October 2013
Solicitor: Local Association of Parents
Location: The Community of El Sitio, San Antonio, Cortes, Honduras
Project Justification: Why do you need the project?
Our current floor is unfinished concrete. This creates an uneven surface on which the children frequently fall. In addition, this type of surface is very dusty and causes respiratory issues for the children and teachers.
General Objective: What do you hope to achieve with the project?
We wish to improve the current learning and hygienic conditions of our community’s educational center.
Development Strategies: How are you planning to execute the project?
- Assure that all legal documents are in order.
- Socialize (explain and present) this project with: Association of Parents and local teacher.
- Utilize local resources like: Sand, water, and labor.
- Seek the support of: the municipal government
- The project will be executed under the supervision of the Department of Community Development.
Beneficiaries: Who and how many will continually benefit from this project?
25 children and one teacher.
- The local municipal government will provide sand ($70).
- The community will provide qualified mason labor for installation ($200).
- The local church will provide assistants labor ($40).
- Ceramic tiles and other materials are requested from an outside donor.