Official Project Solicitation
Department of Community Development
Project Name: Yahweh-yireh (God will provide) – Church Fence Stage I
Date Received: January 4, 2014
Name of Solicitor: Iglesia Brazos para Amar y Restaurar (Church Arms to Love and Restore)
Telephone Number of Solicitor: Pastor Ramon Sorto (9518-1223)
Location of Project: El Olvido, Santa Cruz de Yojoa, Cortes, Honduras.
Project Justification: Why do you need the project?
To provide better security for our church and for the young children
*Supervisor’s Note: The church currently has barbed wire fence but many animals can still enter the property. In addition, cars often turn around in the area in front of the church, damaging the property. The new fence will be 3 lines of block at the base and metal fencing material on top supported by galvanized pipes. A simple, secure metal gate will be made and installed by a local welder. The first stage will be the ¨L¨ along the front and side of the church that borders the road.
General Objective: What do you hope to achieve with the project?
We hope to secure our property and prevent animals from entering. A fence would also allow us to have a garden and fruit trees that would otherwise be damaged.
Development Strategies How are you planning to execute the project?
- Assure that all legal documents are in order.
- Socialize (explain and present) this project with: the local church leaders and congregation
- Utilize local resources like: water, stone, and unspecialized manual labor
- Seek the support of: our sister church and other donors
- The project will be executed under the supervision of the Department of Community Development.
Direct Beneficiaries: Who and how many will continually benefit from this project?
The church congregation and specifically the young children
Indirect Beneficiaries: Who and how many will occasionally benefit from this project?
- The church will provide 10 bags of cement, wood, and unspecialized manual labor ($295).
- The remaining construction materials such as blocks, cement, rebar, sand, fencing material, etc. and the specialized manual labor is requested from an outside donor ($3510).
Don’t pass up an opportunity to be part of this worthy project just because you are not able to fund the entire project! Heart to Honduras will gladly accept any amount you can put towards this project and then continue seeking out additional sponsors.