Project Name: Roof and Waiting Room for Clinic
Date Submitted: August 08, 2016
Name of Solicitor: Local Church of Open Arms to Love and Restore, La Cuesta
Location of Project: La Cuesta, San Jeronimo, Comayagua, Honduras
Project Justification: Why do you need the project?
The local public health clinic does not currently have an adequate waiting area for patients, as it is quite small. The area is also currently open to the elements, with a dirt floor. The partial roof is made of asbestos and should be removed in order to prevent future health issues.
Supervisor’s Note: The Honduran government runs a system of public health clinics in key locations to provide basic medical care to residents. Many of these clinics are very simple and struggle to supply adequate medical care and service to residents. This project represents a collaboration of local entities and Heart to Honduras to improve an existing structure.
General Objective: What do you hope to achieve with the project?
To have an adequate waiting area, both in size and hygiene, where the patients can wait to be treated.
Development Strategies: How are you planning to execute the project?
- Assure that all legal documents are in order.
- Socialize (explain and present) this project with: community, Local Church and Municipal Government.
- Utilize local resources like: Labor (welding and general).
- Seek the support of: community, Local Church and Municipal Government.
- The project will be executed under the supervision of the Department of Community Development.
Beneficiaries: Who and how many will continually benefit from this project?
Local Community of La Cuesta and community neighbors, a total of approximately 11,000 people that have access to the clinic.
- The municipal government will provide a qualified constructor and welder to supervise the construction ($835).
- The community will provide sand, gravel, block, and material transport ($135).
- The clinic will provide metal c-channels for the roof structure ($180).
- The local church will provide assistant’s labor ($65).
- Remaining materials such as cement, roofing sheets, welding electrodes, and others are requested from an outside donor.
TOTAL AMOUNT requested as collaboration from a donor $1870