Submitted: September 30, 2015
Solicitor: Local Open Arms Church
Location: El Olvido, Santa Cruz de Yojoa, Department of Cortes
UPDATE NOTE March 2017: The first classroom building and a considerable portion of the second building were completed with funds provided for the first classroom in 2016. This solicitation is to solicit funds for the completion of the second and final classroom.
Project Justification: Why do you need the project?
The church does not have classrooms to educate the children of our community.
Supervisor’s Note: The local church has been approved as a Compassion International Extension Site. This construction will equip the church to be able to host the 50 children that would arrive at the church on a weekly basis.
General Objective: What do you hope to achieve with the project?
Two classrooms built of concrete block. Better quality of education: Luke 2:52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.
Beneficiaries: Who and how many will continually benefit from this project?
50 children from El Olvido and the congregation of El Olvido.
- The municipal government provided sand ($440).
- The local church provided 15 bags of cement, wood for concrete formwork, stone, and labor ($810).
- The remaining construction materials and payment of mason and welder were provided from an outside donor - $4890.
- Light bulbs, wood, stone, and labor will be provided by the local church ($400)
- Parents of benefitting students will provide the other half of assistant’s labor ($200).
- Sand will be provided by the municipal government ($210).
- Remaining materials needed for the final masonry and roofing in addition to payment of a professional metalworker/welder are requested from an HTH collaborator.