Project: Cabin Construction
Submitted: June 2016Solicitor: Heart To Honduras Ministry (CPH)
Location: Santa Elena Camp, Santa Cruz de Yojoa, Cortés
Project Justification: Why do you need the project?Camp attendance by Honduran youth has grown dramatically over the past two years, at times exceeding our capacity to house them. We would like to attend to our visitors and guests that come locally and internationally in a better way. In addition, we want our visitors to feel safe and secure in the camp - to feel at home.
General Objective: What do you hope to achieve with the project?With our camp, we hope to help our visitors draw closer to God and have a wonderful time. Construction of an additional cabin will facilitate our ability to house more guests. HTH currently has a construction permit for work at the camp that is approved until 2020, and as a result is working on a limited timeline to complete construction of this building.
Development Strategies: How are you planning to execute the project?
- Assure that all legal documents are in order.
- Socialize (explain and present) this project with: Local Donors, Churches of CPH/HTH, and Municipality
- Utilize local resources like: Sand, stone, helpers, laborers and other materials
- Seek the support of: Local Donors, Churches of CPH/ HTH, and Municipality
- The project will be executed under the supervision of the Department of Community Development.
Beneficiaries: Who and how many will continually benefit from this project?Honduran camp attendees in addition to Honduran and International groups that stay at Santa Elena. Approximately 3000-4000 Honduran youth will attend the camps in 2016.
- The local municipal government will provide sand for the concrete work ($690).
- The Open Arms churches will provide all door knobs and locking mechanisms ($220).
- Heart to Honduras will provide payment for all labor (masonry, electrical, welding, painting, etc) and building permits ($18,700).
- All remaining materials are requested from an outside donor. The materials that are needed have been identified and requested by a trusted, professional, licensed construction contractor in Honduras utilizing plans provided by a US architect.
Total amount requested from outside donor $52,500.