Official Project Solicitation
Department of Community Development
Project Name: 13 Latrines in Canchias.
Date Submitted: April 21, 2014
Name of Solicitor: Committee for Improvement, Community Council (Patronato) of Canchias
Location of Project: Canchias, Meambar, Comayagua, Honduras.
Project Justification: Why do you need the project?
These families do not currently have a restroom and we need to improve the health of our families, visitors, and children.
General Objective: What do you hope to achieve with the project?
To have a latrine and so that our children might have an adequate restroom.
Development Strategies: How are you planning to execute the project?
- Assure that all legal documents are in order.
- Socialize (explain and present) this project with: Heart to Honduras.
- Utilize local resources like: stone, labor, sand, and cement.
- Seek the support of: the municipal government and members of the community.
- The project will be executed under the supervision of the Department of Community Development.
Direct Beneficiaries: Who and how many will continually benefit from this project?
Indirect Beneficiaries: Who and how many will occasionally benefit from this project?
Those that visit us.
- The local mayor is providing 50 bags of cement ($385).
- The community is providing sand from the local river ($680).
- The beneficiaries will provide one bag of cement per latrine, stone for the foundation, and the assistant’s labor ($660).
- Additional construction supplies, cement, and payment of the masonary needed from an outside donor ($5595).