Official Project Solicitation
Department of Community Development
Project Name: 12 Pilas in La Concepcion
Name of Solicitor: Open Arms Church of La Concepcion
Location of Project: Community of La Concepcion, Santa Cruz de Yojoa, Cortes, Honduras.
Project Justification: Why do you need the project?
The families included in this project do not have an appropriate area to store water or wash their clothes. Due to these circumstances, the families must deal with constant water shortages that could be remedied by the construction of a pila.
Supervisor’s Note: A pila is a simple concrete water
storage basin. These basin’s allow a family to practice basic hygiene,
wash dishes, and maintain an adequate amount of water to weather common
temporary water shortages.
General Objective: What do you hope to achieve with the project?
- Avoid wasteful use of water.
- Improve the quality of life of these families.
Direct Beneficiaries: Who and how many will continually benefit from this project?
- The local mayor is providing the blocks and sand ($670).
- The beneficiary is providing the stone and manual labor ($480).
- The local church will provide 12 bags of cement ($100).
- Additional building materials and mason’s payment are needed from an outside donor.