Official Project Solicitation
Department of Community Development
Project Name: 10 Pilas in El Achotal
Date Submitted: September 17, 2014
Name of Solicitor: Local Church of El Achiotal, Brazos para Amar y Restaurar
Location of Project: Community of El Achiotal, Santa Cruz de Yojoa, Cortes, Honduras.
Project Justification: Why do you need the project?
We have seen the need of our community in respect to water storage and hygiene. Several local families with children are living in extreme poverty and do not have the ability to collect and store water.
Supervisor’s Note: A pila is a simple concrete water storage basin. These basin’s allow a family to practice basic hygiene, wash dishes, and maintain an adequate amount of water to weather common temporary water shortages.
General Objective: What do you hope to achieve with the project?
To help these families with children and involve them in this project that will improve their lives.
Development Strategies How are you planning to execute the project?
- Assure that all legal documents are in order.
- Socialize (explain and present) this project with: local families and municipal government.
- Utilize local resources like: stone, assistant’s labor, and cement.
- Seek the support of: local church, government, and our friends of North America.
- The project will be executed under the supervision of the Department of Community Development.
Direct Beneficiaries: Who and how many will continually benefit from this project?
10 low-income families.
Indirect Beneficiaries: Who and how many will occasionally benefit from this project?
Neighbors and visiting family members.
- The municipal government will provide: all the blocks and sand ($650)
- The beneficiaries will provide: assistant labor, 10 bags of cement, and stone for the foundation ($400).
- The local church will provide: 6 bags of cement ($42).
- Remaining construction materials and masons’ payment are needed from an outside donor.
Don’t pass up an opportunity to be part of this worthy project just because you are not able to fund the entire project! Heart to Honduras will gladly accept any amount you can put towards this project and then continue seeking out additional sponsors.